Built in 1908, this 3-story farmhouse was converted to a bed and breakfast over 30 years ago as the “Rainbow Inn”. It was renovated in 2004 and 2005 by the next set of owners and the name changed to “Queen of the Valley Inn”. The current owner, Francine Seders, has changed the name to “The Armstrong House”, which was the family name of those who built it, as well as the home across the street (now a dairy farm) and one, possibly two more down the way. Francine's nephew, Capt. Mike Bucy is the Innkeeper, with the assistance of the rest of the family.
The Armstrong House Bed and Breakfast is located near the southern edge of the Skagit Valley, close to the small town of LaConner (though our address is Mt Vernon). There are farm and mountain views from every room. The valley is world-famous for its spectacular displays of flowers (daffodils, tulips, irises and many more) in the spring. Summer offers the bounty of the area’s produce, as well as plenty of sunshine for hiking, biking, sailing and kayaking. Fall brings the changing colors of nature, apple harvests, corn-mazes and pumpkin patches. Winter is an excellent time to enjoy bird-watching, including bald eagles, snow geese, trumpeter swans and raptors as well as curling up in front of the wood stove with a good book or your loved one.